A big smile for the camera! You can frequently find me stocking, and counting (by hand!) our in house product. FYI those file cabinets below are filled with products as well!
For our weekly “In It for the Money” feature, we’ll be introducing you to the kick-ass Knock Knockers who make everything go, from creative to sales to logistics to . . . everything! Note—everybody answers the first five questions. After that, they have about fifteen wild-card questions from which to choose.
1. Name and title? Jazzlyn C. Dixon, customer service specialist.
2. Originally from? San Francisco, California.
3. What the hell do you do all day? Work—just kidding. I enter and service all wholesale orders and some key accounts. I deal firsthand with all the wonderful reps and splendid vendors that work with us. If a customer has invoicing questions, need credits processed, or just wants to vent about how great our products are, then I’m your girl. You name it, I do it . . . or will in the near future. The best part about a work-filled day is how fast it seems to go by. Nobody wants to be bored.
4. Favorite thing about working at KK? The people of course—they ROCK! I love how everyone seems to have his or her own individual style and Knock Knock “swag.” Not to mention our products are absolutely fabulous! I enjoy showing off our stuff to my friends and family, and seeing their reactions. My elders especially . . . they ironically love it the most. Who knew?!
5. Favorite hobbies outside work? Hanging out with my boys (fiancé and son), traveling, and making memories. We’ve created our own Los Angeles “bucket list” with everywhere we’ve always wanted to visit and new places to enjoy as a family. Just last weekend we went to Legoland and it was AWESOME! I’ve come to find that my son might be somewhat of a thrill junkie. (However it was a love/hate relationship with the coasters.) He’s so cool!
6. Did your professional life exist before Knock Knock? Oh yeah, as long as I’ve liked shopping I’ve had to fund my habit. Before Knock Knock, I was working as an administrative assistant at a life insurance and estate-planning firm. Not much laughing around that office, if you know what I mean. Knock Knock is definitely a better fit for my personality and lifestyle.
My son, Cali, is my background and screensaver. And with two monitors, it's a double dose of cuteness!
7. Pet Peeves? Chewing with your mouth open or just very loudly in my presence. The sound of food smashing and shifting around in someone’s mouth seems to echo in my head—ugh—like chalk on a chalkboard. So please, if you sit next to me at the company lunch, keep your food noises to yourself. Nothing personal, but I will move (LOL).
8. Any Hidden Talents? Hmmm. . . well, I can put my legs behind my head if you call that a hidden talent. But I really don’t like to do it. I’m always afraid that I’m going to get one of my legs stuck behind my head, which would be an awkward 911 call. Ha!
9. Favorite Website? Other than Knock Knock (hee hee), I would have to say Craigslist. It’s the go-to for everything. Yes, I’ve had to be selective and do some investigating before I’ve committed. But on the other side, we have those items that we just don’t need anymore. We’ve all had that problem of having a chair, pool table, or baby items that’ve been outgrown. And any money is good money! It’s a win-win situation for everybody. But Groupon comes in close after. =)
10. Interesting factoid no one would know about you from first glance? Well most people don’t know that I’m a proud mommy. I have a two-and-a-half-year-old son named Cali. He’s so awesome! He’s totally into skateboarding and, I hate to say it, the Wii. We just purchased a LeapPad tablet for him and he loves it! I totally recommend it for any child from ages three to six. (I’m even more astonished that they now have tablets for kids . . . I mean, really?!) My son has become my best friend and it feels so right. A shout-out to Cali Joseph Aubin!
11. Most embarrassing moment? When I was about thirteen years old, I had a crush on this older guy that attended my church. One Saturday when I was looking extra-pretty in my church best, I exited the restroom to see him standing at the bottom of the stairs. I walked slowly down the stairs, thinking about how much I wanted him to admire my outfit. When I got to the bottom, he tapped my shoulder. Boy, was my stomach fluttering. Then he pointed down at me, and I saw that the whole back of my dress was tucked into my panty hose! Needless to say I didn’t want his attention anymore.
12. Except for bills, what do you spend the most money on? I would have to say my son (boy, are kids expensive!). In the beginning it was diapers and the “must-have” baby items (the Bumbo baby seat, the BOB stroller, Petunia Pickle Bottom baby bags, etc.) per my peers. Now it’s Wii games, the LeapPad tablet, and Your Baby Can Read—cha-ching! I must say I was warned, however, I love being a mommy. I would do it again in a heartbeat. It’s life-changing! =)