“Knock Knocker Scribbles” is a new column under our “In It for the Money” category, where you can get to know the Knock Knock team—from creative to sales to logistics to . . . everything! Each week, someone in the office fills out a questionnaire. They are given a day to complete it to their liking, with scrawls, scratch outs, doodles, and all.
Click the pic for an even closer look:
Odi, is your portrait a metaphor for how you’re young at heart? And is that baby secretly carrying Long Island iced tea in that rattle?
I’m at my desk all day, so I wanted a change of scenery.
For our weekly “In It for the Money” feature, we’ll be introducing you to the kick-ass Knock Knockers who make everything go, from creative to sales to logistics to . . . everything! Note—everybody answers the first five questions. After that, they have about fifteen wild-card questions from which to choose.
1. Name and title? Odi Ese, controller.
2. Originally from? Los Angeles, California (by way of Nigeria).
3. What the hell do you do all day? I conference with numbers.
4. Favorite thing about working at KK? All of the smiling faces besides mine (LOL). The product is cool, too!
5. Favorite hobbies outside work? Sleeping! I get my exercise that way. I like to play basketball (and watch the Lakers!) when time allows, and go for long walks. Ahh, strolling along country roads . . .
An African mask I bought five years ago that hangs in my house. I'm not sure what it means, but it’s cool.
6. Did your professional life exist before Knock Knock? Yes. I was a numbers cruncher. Guess what—I’m still a numbers cruncher. There’s got to be more to life!
7. Pet peeves? Listening to long stories, especially the fairy-tale kind that begin with, “Once upon a time . . . blah, blah, blah!”
8. If you were a superhero, what would your name and superpowers be? Exacto Man! I would be able to calculate numbers to the penny in a split second. I would save many with my analytical powers! To infinity . . . and beyond! Oh wait a minute, that’s Buzz Lightyear‘s motto.
9. Interesting factoid no one would know about you from first glance? They wouldn’t be able to tell that I’m an accountant. They’d think I was a rock star! (Thanks to Trish our VP of Brand Development, who calls me that.) Actually, it’s a clever disguise. Remember, I am Exacto Man.
10. Last movie you saw? Hmm . . . I don’t know. I was asleep!