The Clump-o-Lumps are all about creating fun for each and every one. So we’re over-the-moon excited to start the Clump-o-Lump Craft Corner! With tremendous help from Knock Knock’s manufacturing coordinator, Chelsea, we’ll share step-by-step crafty how-tos and recipes that you and the family can all enjoy. Feel free to send us your own craft and DIY ideas to email@example.com, and you just might see them in the Craft Corner!
Clumped Thumbprint Cards
Holiday cheer is here and the Clump-o-Lumps are oh-so excited for the season. This unique card-making idea lets your family and friends know to bring on the good tidings. Plus, they’re literally one-of-a-kind—you do use your thumbprints, after all. Finger painters everywhere, have fun! And parents, don’t fret—the mess factor is kept to a minimum.
Note: these instructions nail down the basic skills of thumbprint cards. If you’re comfortable with the basics, check out our array of advanced ideas below.
What you’ll need:
• Non-toxic markers in the colors you want to use
• ColorBox inkpads in green, blue, gold/yellow, and red—again, feel free to use colors of your own choosing
• Two or three sheets of 8.5″ x 11″ card stock, in white and brown (the inkpads we used looked best on these colors). Fold the card stock in half and cut down the fold. Two cards can be made out of one standard sheet.
• A damp towel to wipe inky hands
1. Click on a card design. It will direct you to that card’s step-by-step instructions.
1. Using the green inkpad, dab your index finger in ink and create a triangle using your fingerprint. We started off with five prints for our base and worked our way up, in a pyramid shape. This is your tree.
2. Using your markers, draw and color in the tree’s trunk. Also, add a star.
3. Be sure to wipe your fingers off with a damp towel before you use a different color inkpad. This is to prevent colors from mixing. Then, using your pinky and the red inkpad, create ornaments for the tree. Afterwards, using your thumb and the blue inkpad, create the body of Bird-o. Use your pinky for Bird-o’s arms.
4. Using a black marker, outline Bird-o’s features, including his eyes, top feather, and wings. Use a white gel pen to fill in his feathers and beak, and a yellow marker for his legs.
1. Using a cup and a black marker, trace a circle. This is the top of the globe. Then, draw in its base.
2. Using the white inkpad and your index finger, paint snow at the bottom of the globe.
3. Be sure to wipe your fingers off with a damp towel before you use a different color inkpad. This is to prevent colors from mixing. Then, use your index finger and the green inkpad to create Frog-o’s body. Use your pinky for Frog-o’s eyes and legs.
4. Using a black marker, draw a gleam shape, so the globe appears extra shiny. Then, draw in Frog-o’s features, including his eyes, mouth, and arms.
5. Add final touches to your card. Use a red marker to draw and color in Frog-o’s tongue. Also, use a white gel pen to color in his eyes. Finally, use the white inkpad and your index finger to create snowflakes inside the globe.
1. Using your index finger and the green, gold, and blue inkpads, create Frog-o’s, Tig-o’s, and Bird-o’s “bodies,” using one fingerprint per animal. Be sure to wipe your fingers off with a damp towel before you use a different color inkpad. This is to prevent colors from mixing.
2. Using your pinky and the red inkpad, create each character’s Santa hat, placing your print on the head of each character.
3. Use a black marker to create the fluffy tip of each Santa hat, and color in with a white gel pen.
4. Using your black marker and a red pen, draw in Frog-o’s features, including his eyes and tongue.
5. Draw in Tig-o’s features using the black marker. Color in with a white gel pen.
6. Draw Bird-o’s beak, and color in with the white gel pen. Use the white gel pen to also touch-up Tig-o’s teeth and to fill in the bottom edge of each character’s Santa hat.
Be Merry Card
Happy Holidays Card
Thank You Card
Check out other COL Craft Corner DIYs right here.