The Clump-o-Lumps are all about creating fun for each and every one. So we’re over-the-moon excited to start the Clump-o-Lump Craft Corner! With tremendous help from Knock Knock’s manufacturing coordinator, Chelsea, we’ll share step-by-step crafty how-tos and recipes that you and the family can all enjoy. Feel free to send us your own craft and DIY ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you just might see them in the Craft Corner!
Backpack Snacks: Frog-o’s “Rib-bites”
School’s in—meaning the daunting art of packing the beloved brown paper bag is once again on our minds. But don’t fret, friends! Frog-o suggested this tasty snack recipe that’s sure to ease any hungry, on-the-go stomachs this fall. Plus, they’re really (like, really) fun to make. So invite the little ones to help you in the kitchen for these back-to-school treats!
What you’ll need:
• Green grapes (make sure they’re dry!)
• Vanilla wafers
• Room-temperature caramel
• A plastic bag
• A hammer (or something to crush the wafers with)
1. Place about 15-20 vanilla wafers in a plastic bag and make sure the bag is closed. You can use more or less wafers, depending on how many “rib-bites” you want to make.
2. Using the hammer, crush the wafers into fine crumbs. Place the crumbs in a bowl.
3. Wash the grapes and make sure they are completely dry before using them. Then dip each grape halfway in the caramel.
4. Roll the caramel grape in the wafer crumbs, coating the grape.
5. Place the finished grapes on a plate and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to let the caramel set.
6. Pop ’em out and pack ’em! Enjoy!