As their striking good looks would suggest, the Clump-o-Lumps also possess one-of-a-kind personalities. In our “Creature Feature” Q&As, we shine the spotlight on an individual member of the Clump-o-Lump family, revealing much more than meets the big shiny black eye! Get to know each and every creature, because the fun starts with one!
With his back to us, we saw Bird-o dancing and swaying to music on full blast. His feathers exuded such grace that it seemed almost a sin to interrupt him. But we did, and he was more than excited to chirp his answers to our questions.
1. Name: Bird-o the Bird!
2. Favorite thing to do: I’m a master of the interpretive dance, which is when you dance any way you want—and I want to dance with you!
3. Catchphrase: “If you love something, set it free. Or dance with it.”
4. Hobbies: I really like wood carving . . . Just kidding. If you really have to ask, my answers to questions one through three reveal my true passion.
5. Food I love: Bugs are often overlooked as the tasty morsels they are. They’re tickly as they enter your mouth, crunchy as you bite down, and filled with tons of protein. I would never eat Bee-o, though. Not only is she my friend, but I also don’t want my tongue to get stung.
6. Interesting factoid about you: Everything about me, such as my incredibly light feathers and bones and aerodynamic wings, makes me perfect for the air. If you have a nifty pair of wings, we should hang out in the sky some time!
7. Favorite Bird-o power: I’d be a fool if I didn’t say flying. Sure, insects fly, but when birds fly, it’s an inspiration to see. But that’s not to say Bee-o’s flight isn’t inspirational. Oh gosh, I hope it doesn’t sounds like I’m giving Bee-o a hard time today—that’s not my intention! Love ya, Bee!
8. Other favorite power: I can already walk. I can already fly. The only thing I can’t do is swim, and Squid-o can move herself through the water like nobody’s business. She’s kind of like the bird of the sea.
9. Best friend: Frog-o and I hit it off right away. Not only do we have a fantastic time together, our friendship gives me a sense of great hope, because frogs would ordinarily be something I’d eat. If Frog-o and I can be friends, then world peace is possible.
10. Best Clump activity: First and foremost, because of my love for interpretive dance, I enjoy combining Frog-o’s torso and Shark-o’s rump. With Frog-o’s webbed hands, I can make really fluid movements, as if I were pushing air, and with Shark-o’s powerful tail, I can shimmy all around the nest.
11. Idea for new Clump-o-Lump: I’ve always been curious about bats. They’re mammals, but they have wings and they can fly, and there’s no other animal other than insects and birds that can do that. I run across them in the air sometimes, but I’ve never had a chance to get to know one.
12. Kids should know: While I like to be handled gently, as I’m rather delicate, you won’t hurt me by hugging me or zipping and unzipping me or—better yet—dancing with me.
13. Anything else? I positively adore Taylor Swift and have choreographed two dances already to “Teardrops on My Guitar.”
Want to read more about the family? Check out more Creature Features here!
Get Bird-o all to yourself!
Or collect all six creatures!