As their striking good looks would suggest, the Clump-o-Lumps also possess one-of-a-kind personalities. In our “Creature Feature” Q&As, we shine the spotlight on an individual member of the Clump-o-Lump family, revealing much more than meets the big shiny black eye! Get to know each and every creature, because the fun starts with one!
We found Frog-o relaxing by the pond, fully absorbed in a novel. He said he could take an “infinitesimal” amount of time to answer a few of our questions.
Frog-o the Frog:
1. Name: Frog-o the Frog. Don’t wear it out.
3. Catchphrase: “Hip-hop to the ribbety bop.”
4. Hobbies: Reading any book I can grab with my webbed hands. Take me to the library, please!
5. Food I love: That’s easy. Flies. I flick them with my tongue effortlessly.
6. Interesting factoid about you: When I was born, I looked more like a fish, but now I’m pretty proud to report that I can breathe through my skin. Yup, that’s part of being an amphibian!
7. Favorite Frog-o power: Other animals can only walk or fly or swim. But I get around by jumping because my legs are so incredibly strong. In fact, I’m one of the best jumpers of all the animals in the world. In the great Land-o-Lump, there’s no question that I’m the best leaper.
8. Other favorite power: As a frog, you run the risk of getting eaten, so I love being able to chomp like Shark-o. I would never chomp another frog, though. Never.
9. Best friend: At first it was hard for me to like Bird-o, because birds sometimes eat frogs. But he’s got such a fun personality, and I love it when he lets me fly with him. We just get along really well.
10. Best Clump activity: There are so many it’s hard to choose, you know? I’d say my head and Bird-o’s torso and Tig-o’s rump. When I’m in that clump, I pretend I’m an airplane and run really fast like I’m on a runway, then I lift off and soar into the air.
11. Idea for new Clump-o-Lump: Dragonfly. Not only are they tasty, but they’re good-looking and they’ve got double wings.
12. Kids should know: I’m an explorer. As an amphibian, I’m used to being in lots of environments. Just take me everywhere with you and I’ll be fine!
13. Anything else? Allow me to be candid with you: I’m smart. In addition to being an amphibian, I’m also a sesquipedalian—which means that I use lots of big words. You know, because I can.
Want to read more about the family? Check out more Creature Features here!
Get Frog-o all to yourself!
Or collect all six creatures!