As their striking good looks would suggest, the Clump-o-Lumps also possess one-of-a-kind personalities. In our “Creature Feature” Q&As, we shine the spotlight on an individual member of the Clump-o-Lump family, revealing much more than meets the big shiny black eye! Get to know each and every creature, because the fun starts with one!
We caught Shark-o off-guard before his morning swim up and down the Pacific coast, and he wasn’t at all shy on speaking his mind.
Shark-o the Shark:
2. Favorite thing to do: Since we sharks naturally don’t have pockets, I tend to stash stuff between my lumps. So go ahead and stash away! I’m extra-good at keeping secrets, so I won’t tell anybody what you put in there. (See picture on the right. Can you guess what I’m hiding?)
3. Catchphrase: “Only floss the teeth you want to keep.”
4. Hobbies: I love underwater bowling, and play in an underwater bowling league every week. I’ve got a mean backswing, with a strike that sets the lane ablaze! Of course it’s not a fire hazard, since we are underwater. Check out my “game face” below.
5. Food I love: People are scared of me, but I don’t really like to eat people. Would you want to eat a person? I love toasted bagels, especially with cream cheese and lox. Delicious.
6. Interesting factoid about you: I’ve underwater bowled a 300 game (considered a “perfect game”) three times so far! I’m no professional, but let’s see you try to bowl twelve strikes in a row.
7. Favorite Shark-o power: I was born to swim. I can swim more smoothly than almost anybody else in the sea because of my lightweight skeleton. I love the feeling of freedom I have when I’m swimming.
8. Other favorite power: My teeth stay in my head all the time, so I have to move my whole body to get food into my mouth. If I had Frog-o’s tongue, I could just stay still and flick it—so fast no eyes can even follow it!
9. Best friend: Bee-o. There’s something about her buzz that’s like music to my inner ears, and something I’d never heard underwater.
10. Best Clump activity: As you can tell, my favorite sport is underwater bowling. So I love the chance to strap on Squid-o’s rump when I play in tournaments. And with Bee-o’s rump, I can feel way lighter than water when I fly.
11. Idea for new Clump-o-Lump: A long time ago, sailors used to call sharks like me “sea dogs,” so I’d like to see a Clump-o-Lump golden retriever.
12. Kids should know: I really don’t want to hurt them. Like almost anybody else, all I want is lots of love.
13. Anything else? Sometimes people say “shark” when they want to describe someone who’s really mean. You know, like “that guy is such a shark.” I find that really offensive.
Want to read more about the family? Check out Squid-o’s Creature Feature!
Get Shark-o all to yourself!
Or collect all six creatures!