As their striking good looks would suggest, the Clump-o-Lumps also possess one-of-a-kind personalities. In our “Creature Feature” Q&As, we shine the spotlight on an individual member of the Clump-o-Lump family, revealing much more than meets the big shiny black eye! Get to know each and every creature, because the fun starts with one!
We know better than to interrupt Tig-o in mid-meditation. But she kindly agreed to answer our questionnaire if—and only if—we joined her afterward for jasmine tea.
1. Name: Tig-o the Tiger.
2. Favorite thing to do: I am a very spiritual tiger, so I’m into yoga. I like it when people tie my arms and legs into knots—leg-leg knots, arm-arm knots, and best of all, arm-leg knots.
3. Catchphrase: “I am not my beautiful stripes. I am not my powerful muscles. I am spirit.”
4. Hobbies: I enjoy meditating and cleansing my chi.
5. Food I love: Raw meat. It’s like macaroni and cheese, pizza, and candy all rolled into one!
6. Interesting factoid about you: I’m a tiger and I’m proud of it. I’m the largest of all the cats. Did you know that no two tigers have exactly the same stripe pattern—and our stripes aren’t just in our fur, they’re under the fur on our skin, too? That means I look good even when I’m fully shaved.
7. Favorite Tig-o power: I’m a pouncer. Always have been. I like to sneak up behind someone (I can be very quiet when I move) and then, pow—I’m on top of them! Sometimes I pounce to let them know who’s boss, other times to lick them all over.
8. Other favorite power: I really enjoy being able to sting like Bee-o. My claws and teeth are so big and strong that they lack finesse. With a stinger, I can pinpoint a target gracefully.
9. Best friend: Squid-o. Have you seen her gorgeous spots? They define her in the same way that my stripes define me. We both understand what it’s like to be distinctive. Plus, she’s not very spiritually aware, so I can be the yang to her yin.
10. Best Clump activity: I have so many awesome capabilities that I like to limit myself in order to test my resourcefulness and intelligence. With Shark-o’s torso, I can only reach so far with his flippers. And with Bee-o’s rump, like I said before, I can sting with the utmost delicacy.
11. Idea for new Clump-o-Lump: Before I lived in the Land-o-Lump, I spent lots of time with elephants. I learned a lot from them spiritually. So I’d like to see an elephant come into the community.
12. Kids should know: When I listen to smart people talk, I feel like I’m at my best because I’m improving and growing. So please share your ideas and thoughts with me.
13. Anything else? I do purr, but it’s actually called “chuffing” when I do it. Only housecats have something so inconsequential as a purr.
Want to read more about the family? Check out more Creature Features here!
Get Tig-o all to yourself!