As their striking good looks would suggest, the Clump-o-Lumps also possess one-of-a-kind personalities. In our “Creature Feature” Q&As, we shine the spotlight on an individual member of the Clump-o-Lump family, revealing much more than meets the big shiny black eye! Get to know each and every creature, because the fun starts with one!
After her popularity skyrocketed over the last few months, it took some effort to find Squid-o, as she’s a genius when it comes to hiding. We stopped her right in her tentacle tracks as she headed out to purchase a sleeping bag for her next travel adventure, and asked her a few questions.
Squid-o the Squid:
1. Name: Squid-o the Squid. That’s one of my favorite words, “squid.” I just think it sounds cool. Squid. Squid. Kind of like “squish.” Some people think my name comes from the word “squirt” because of the ink I squirt out.
2. Favorite thing to do: Getting zipped into a Squid-o Twofer! I’m really tall because of all my arms. So I like it when kiddos make me into a Twofer. You know, just my head and my rump, without my torso. Really cute, right? (I’m in Twofer form in the pic left.)
3. Catchphrase: “Don’t let the suckers fool you.”
4. Hobbies: I like to explore and travel any chance I get, especially to caves and secret places like that.
5. Food I love: Sashimi. Give me some raw fish and eight pairs of chopsticks and I’m a happy squid. (Squid! It really is fun to say.)
6. Interesting factoid about you: I can type 120 words per minute. That’s the beauty of having so many arms.
7. Favorite Squid-o power: I have two: squeezing—hugging really hard with all my arms—and moving really fast underwater. Some people think I swim, but I actually shoot water from under my head and that makes me move forward.
8. Other favorite power: Flying like Bird-o. If you can come out of the water and burst up into the air, you’ve got it made.
9. Best friend: I’m kind of shy. When I get scared, I hide. Tig-o is the exact opposite—bold, confident, outspoken, and spiritually evolved. Tig-o is my best friend and my inspiration.
10. Best Clump activity: With Frog-o’s torso and Tig-o’s rump, I can hop and scratch my itches at the same time.
11. Idea for new Clump-o-Lump: Frog-o loves to read, and he was showing me this picture in a book of a tall pink bird called a flamingo. This is going to sound weird, but the flamingo reminded me of myself. I think a Clump-o-Lump flamingo would fit right in.
12. Kids should know: I like lots of hugs. Lots and lots of hugs. Because I have so many arms, I’m a good hugger, but I still like to practice as often as I can.
13. Anything else? If you love me, I promise not to get ink on you.
Want to get the scoop on Squid-o’s friends? Check back soon for interviews with the rest of the Clump-o-Lump family.