The Clump-o-Lumps are all about creating fun for each and every one. So we’re over-the-moon excited to start the Clump-o-Lump Craft Corner! With tremendous help from Knock Knock’s manufacturing coordinator, Chelsea, we’ll share step-by-step crafty how-tos and recipes that you and the family can all enjoy. Feel free to send us your own craft and DIY ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you just might see them in the Craft Corner!
Trick-or-Treat Tote Bags
Can you believe Halloween is only a few weeks away? Annual sugar rush, here we come! Although, walking around and around during the kids’ Trick-or-Treating routine can quickly become less than sweet (and more so monotonous). But we’ve got just the thing to mix it up. Why don’t you retire those old pillowcases and instead try this fun and uber-easy alternative instead? The better to hold candy “loot” in, friends.
What you’ll need:
• A black medium-sized canvas tote bag (we used a 13.5″ W x 13.5″ L x 4″ D)
• A Clump-o-Lump stencil. Click on a character to download that stencil: (each is ready to be printed on 8.5″ x 11″ paper)
• A bleach pen
1. Print out the standard 8.5″ x 11” COL stencil you would like to use and cut along the outside line. Then tape the stencil down onto one side of your canvas.
2. Place a piece of cardboard or a folder inside the tote bag, to prevent the bleach from bleeding through.
3. Outline the COL character stencil with the bleach pen. Be careful to not let the bleach get on your skin or in your eyes. And watch out for bleach bubbles, as they may pop and smudge your outline!
4. Wait two hours for the bleach to dry. Note that when the bleach dries, it will leave an orange, powdery residue, which will eventually come off (see step 7).
5. Remove the paper stencil from the canvas.
6. Use the bleach pen to fill in the lines of the canvas’s shape to match the inside lines of the stencil. Use the stencil as a guide.
7. Wait another two hours for the bleach to dry. When all is dry, shake off the excess. The bag is washable, so you can use it over and over, and over again!
- Tip: Put in the dryer for 20 minutes to help shake off the dried remnants with ease.
8. Have a safe and happy time Trick-or-Treating! (And share some candy with us).
Check out other COL Craft Corner DIYs right here.